The Medicare NewsGroup (MNG)
- Website is an independent resource for Medicare news, policy, and legislation, with both original and curated content.
- Line edit content, including information on: government, legislative, and advocacy organizations in all 50 states; and national political, educational, and bipartisan and nonpartisan organizations.
- Line edit original content from both staff and freelance writers. Edit for sense and accuracy, and to match MNG style.
- During initial collection of data, insert missing content or add organizations via Internet search.
- Edit using Word, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Edit and publish content using Constant Contact HTML email for daily newsletter.
- Edit and publish website content using MNG’s Content Management System.
- Review all web content at beta testing stage.
- Create house style based on Associated Press and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
American Institutes for Research:
Department of Education, Human Development, and the Workforce (EHDW)
- Line edit complex proposals for state and federal government contracts or completed project reports.
- Edit multipage tables.
- Follow project-specific instructions sent with each proposal and report.
- Use EHDW house style; American Psychological Association.
Chicago Women in Publishing (CWIP)
- Website editor responsible for updating and maintaining site.
- Updates include: information on monthly CWIP events, with multiple links; monthly regional CWIP networking events; and regional events for other organizations.
- Uploading of articles after each monthly event.
- Updating Project Opportunities List and Board members as they rotate into position.
- Use of HTML and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Create and lead taskforce on redesign of website scheduled for 2013. Duties include: understanding weaknesses of current site and needs of new site; write RFP; select field of potential designers; be main contact for designers and board. Will be main contact during actual redesign.
Tree House Humane Society
- Edit letters from the Executive Director and from the Board President.
- Create house style guide (based on Chicago Manual of Style).
Brochures and Reports (sample list):
- Fundraising Appeals: Fall Appeal; Lights of Love; Mother's Day; This Very Minute, A Homeless Animal Needs You!
- Bookmarks: Adopt; Combined Federal Campaign; Spay/Neuter
- Brochures: Your Pet Deserves a Plan: Establishing a Pet Trust in Your Estate Plan; Their Lives Depend on Your Support
- Booklet: Everything You've Always Wanted to Know about Cats
- Reports: Year in Review 2008; Year in Review 2009; Year in Review 2010.
Tree House News (sample list of articles):
- Easy Ways You Can Help Alley Cats!
- BDVM Mac Lean Clinic Highlights
- Black is Beautiful! So why do black cats have a harder time finding homes than other cats?
- News You Can Use
- The House That Love Built: The History of Our Shelter Headquarters
- The Triumph Critical Care Fund: Giving Hope to Critically Injured Cats
Contact me at: info@LilaStromerEditorial.com